Monday 17 October 2016

Monday's Mending Pile

Nothing like laundry day and ironing to reveal more items destined for the mending pile.


It seems a major stress point in my clothing could be found at the armhole curve, as shown on this shirt.   


It's not only on the right side of the shirt, this stress hole is mirrored on the left side. A quick change of thread on the sewing machine and it was an easy fix.  


Mama R also had a similar stress point on her dress.


Maybe next time I'm sewing around the underarm curve on a sewing project I should do a double stitch. It couldn't hurt, and might save a trip to the mending pile.  

Well, that is all in mending news today...

Happy Sewing!  




1 comment:

  1. I think I've seen the double stitching recommended in some old sewing books. What I've done is start at either front or back notches and when I get back to that spot, just keep going until I reach the other notch. When I've had fabric that was a true pain to get right the first time, I've even gone back and used wobble stitch as the 2nd stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...