Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Knit Dress

Remember when I picked up this knit fabric eight months ago? I know it's still shocking that this even managed to end up in my stash considering how much I claim to dislike pink but you really have to see it to realize that it is more of a raspberry colour than pink. But I digress... This fabric was an unexpected find while shopping at Mitchell Fabrics.  


I've been holding onto it thinking that I would make another Marcy Tilton skirt, Vogue 9060, because I picked up the last two metres and didn't think there was enough to make a dress. I was wrong. There was 2.2 metres and with some creative pattern piece placement and black knit lining fabric for the bodice pieces, I was able to squeak out a dress! A DRESS WITH LONG SLEEVES!!!  

    
Remember this dress? The one that I merged my two favourite patterns to create a dress. Well, that is what I did here. The bodice and sleeves are from Lynn Mizono's dress pattern, Vogue 1312, and the lower portion of the dress are from Marcy Tilton's skirt pattern, Vogue 9060.  


I like this version even more than the sleeveless version. It is so comfortable. I don't know what else to say about this dress besides I can't wait to wear it.   


The Stats:  

Fabric:    2.2 metres

Lining:    0.5 metres

Patterns:  Vogue 9060 and Vogue 1312

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, serger needle, walking foot, pins, scissors, thread clippers, screwdriver, cutting table, and coffee breaks.   

Happy Sewing!  



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous fabric and dress! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lyndle! I think it is the fabric that makes the dress.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I really want to get some outside shots with a better background with it on.

      Delete

Monday's Mending Pile

Well, this mending item was unexpected.  Just when you think you're all caught up, something else makes its way to the pile.   The duvet...