Tuesday 29 September 2015

Oh My Goodness!

Have you heard of O! Jolly!? I was checking out the next Pattern Review contest and it is a Sweater Knit contest that is coming up for October. And O! Jolly! is the contest's sponsor.  

I never heard of O! Jolly! before reading about the contest and OH! MY! GOODNESS! have you seen this fabric


Double Knit Merino wool fabric and it is available in the most beautiful autumn colours. I might be bias here since I think autumn is the most beautiful season ever.  


At $26.00 a 23 X 23 inch panel, I couldn't possibly justify this luxury item. Besides my sewing skills and sewing equipment aren't up to handling this knit fabric the way it deserves. But it is so pretty isn't it and just think how toasty warm it could keep you while skating at the park shovelling the drive-way. Yeah, it is too pretty for snow shovelling.

I won't be entering the contest as I already have enough more than enough on the sewing table. How about you, will you be entering this newest contest?

Happy Sewing!


4 comments:

  1. Ooo, pretty fabric! Of course, the knitter in me keeps trying to convince me that I don't need to buy sweater knit fabric since I can just make it myself. But things take considerably longer when you knit it than when you sew it! lol

    I haven't entered a contest at PR in years. I kind of started to get frustrated with them, and they started to feel very rushed - like they were trying to pack in as many as possible in a year. I'm hoping to get into my sewing room more often this fall and winter though, so maybe I should check out their line-up, see if I'm inspired by any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd not heard of O Jolly but the fabric looks gorgeous! Just what I need...another GREAT fabric source - really! Thanks! Best wishes for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....and far above my budget also. PR contests are fun, and I will be managing the Sewing for Children contest in November.
    Have a great time with your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! That is gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...