Monday 1 June 2015

In Sewing News Today...

I've been busy this weekend cutting out circular shapes for baby jar covers. This project is for work. The jars are part of the volunteer appreciation gifts.  

The last of the emerald green silk
I cut a total of seventy-five from silk fabric that was found in my left over stash of fabric. Twenty-five in a mint green silk duponi, twenty-five in a mint green silk noir and the last twenty-five in an emerald green colour. It was nice to use up the rest of this fabric. It was too small to make a garment but perfect for this project. Although, I can tell you, my hand is killing me. I think I need to put down the pinking shears, step away from the computer, put on the brace and pick up that book for a bit.  


Would you believe I'm only starting chapter four? [holding head in shame]

I will put the book down again once my hand feels ready to return to sewing. I have teacher gifts to make. This year I'm going to make little girl dresses for two of the teacher's daughters. I'm using one of the new Vogue patterns. The pattern pieces are the same shape as the grown-up version but this dress is reversible. I think it is adorable but then I might be bias because I love my own version very much!   


I need to make three dresses, one will be in this fabric combination.


And the other two will be in these fabrics.


I'm trying to use up fabrics from my stash in hopes to participate in the stash-busting competition over at Pattern Review.  And there is a baby onsie to make for a preggy co-worker. It looks like June is going to be a busy month. 

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...