Sunday 14 June 2015

Mizono #2

Stash-busting 2015:  Lynn Mizono Children's Dress #2

Fabric:     2.75 metres (3 yards) of various cotton fabrics $25.28 (prices ranged from $5.99 to $8.00/metre + taxes)

Buttons:   4 buttons @ $2.25 ($1.99 + taxes)

Ribbon:    2.3 metres (2 1/2 yards) of ribbon $1.17 (0.45 + taxes)

Pattern:    Vogue 1455 already priced out with the first one.  


This little dress is made in size 4. I'm still having fun sewing these dresses up. I love that they are reversible and that adds to the puffiness of the bubble hem. At risk of sounding bias, this pattern is the cutest!  


The fabrics came together after much searching based on some red ribbon. One of the contrasting hem bands were cut from left over fabric from this project.  The red and white fabrics used for the main body of the dress were found at Northwest Fabrics about a year and a half ago. It is the only fabric that has some stretch. And the other contrast band hem fabric in yellow came from Fabricland last year. I would have never imagined that these fabrics would come together in one project when I first picked them up.


Although I chose the white fabric with the red dots because it was a lighter cotton, I should have interfaced the area where the buttonhole went on the front. I found that my buttonholes were not as perfect as I wished them to be because of some shifting. It also happened on the contrasting fabric. Luckily, it is not noticeable when the ribbon is tied. 

I can retire this pattern in sizes CDD (2-3-4-5) and move on to the other size combination CL (6-7-8).  I have one more to make in a size 7.  

Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...