Sunday 21 June 2015

Mizono #4

Stash-busting 2015: Lynn Mizono Reversible Dress 

Fabric:     2.3 metres (2 1/2 yards) of various cotton fabrics $13.78 ($5.99 on sale + taxes)

Buttons:   4 vintage buttons 79

Ribbon:    2.3 metres (2 1/2 yards) of ribbon $1.17 (0.45 + taxes)

Pattern:    Vogue 1455 (already priced out with previous versions)



I have to admit this one is my favourite of the bunch because it has a silk plaid fabric that I used to make my niece a dress seventeen years ago. This gorgeous piece of fabric has been in my stash for even long than that as it came back with me from my Toronto days. I'm actually thrilled that I was able to make another dress with this fabric. The pink contrasting cotton sateen fabric also originated from Toronto over twenties years ago. I have a small piece of this fabric left and in the past I made a men's shirt and used it as pocket and front fly lining for a pair of jeans.  


The reverse side is more made out of more recent fabric; years recent, not decades. The cream and light grey coloured grosgrain ribbons were in the stash and I can't remember how long. And the four pink buttons were on a card that was priced under a dollar, that's how old they are.   

The four Mizono dresses are packed up and ready to deliver tomorrow, fingers crossed that they are well received.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. I really like this one!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty, and I LOVE that it's reversible! Lovely job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...