Saturday 21 March 2015

National Quilting Day!

I'm not a quilter. Yes, I did recently finish a quilt but that was one rare occasion and it took three years to complete. And there are those sweater blankets that I like to make. But deep down I'm more of an admirer of quilts.  

And I really admire quilted clothing. Have you seen all those kantha quilt jackets that have been popping up all over the internet recently? They're absolutely gorgeous and look so comfortable. I have no plans to jump in an join in the kantha quilt fun but today on National Quilting Day I thought I would take a tour of other's creative quilted clothing projects.   

{Source}

{Source:  Pinterest}
{Source:  Pinterest}

{Source:  Threads magazine}
{Source}
{Source}

{Source:  Pinterest}

How about you, do you use quilting techniques in you sewing projects?

Happy Sewing and National Quilting Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...