Friday 6 March 2015

The Wrap Dress: Choosing My Fabric

This week over at the McCall's Pattern Co. blog they were talking about fabric choices for the sew-along. I don't need to go shopping for knit fabric for the Wrap Dress Sew-along, but there is a link to an informative post on different knits if you do.

I have quite the selection to chose from in my fabric stash. And I really should stash bust.

I have enough black knit to make another long version of the wrap dress but I in the mood to something that has a spring vibe to it.

Here is what I have to chose from:


I was off from work today and had a chance to watch Cityline's Fashion Friday episode this morning. For spring, it is all about print on print. And I found this in my fabric stash--a floral print on top of a paisley print! It just goes to show you that if you hold on to a fabric long enough it comes back in fashion! Yup, this fabric has been in my stash for quite some time.     


This print found its way into my fabric stash last year and would also work for the wrap dress. I would have to line it, the bodice at least, if I pick this fabric. No worries, since I also have some knit lining fabric in my stash.  


But I have to tell ya, I think my heart is set on this aqua green knit. It is not a print but it does say spring to me. It is the same type of fabric that I used for my burgundy marsala coloured dress. I had some difficulty sewing this fabric so I'm looking forward to learning some tips on sewing knits during the sew-along.

I think I'm decided on the fabric. Now to check out the thread stash...

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...