Monday 31 March 2014

March in Review

Sewing


Can you believe that there was sewing this month? It was a rough month, I worked on the dress that almost broke me and working through a sinus headache it took four attempts to get a waistband right. Yeah, four attempts! This was not a good month for sewing. In the end, I ended up with the pneumonia and two garments that I'm pleased with. At least there was a happy ending (the garments not the pneumonia).  




RTW Fast

This month I was tempted by an animal print wool sweater. I don't know why I was tempted by this cardigan sweater, animal print is not typically my style. I must still have a bit of that Jungle January fever that was going around. 

Mental note:  must stay away from stores during the end of season sales. Could be in danger of coming home with crazy things that I don't need like this:  



I did buy a pair of red leather shoes which is allowed. They have a one inch heel. I'm trying to be kinder to my knees. So, I'm thrilled to report that have not broken any RTW Fast rules. Three months down.  

Stash Busting

Oh my! I went shopping for fabric this month.  I went searching for kid-friendly print cotton to make baby onsies and instead I picked up 4.2 metres of a polyester knit with a fun print. And then there was some mint coloured silk on sale. Did I pick up any printed cotton for the onsies? No. I found some cute prints but the fabric quality was awful, so light and see-through. I left it at the store. I have way better options in solid colours in my stash.  

Well that is my month in review. Happy Sewing! 



Items
Stash-busted
Added to Stash
Fabric
22.5 metres
21.4 metres
Interfacing
1 metre
0
Lining
1.5 metre
0
Sewing Patterns
9
17
Spools of Thread
9
4
Sewing Needles
1
0
Pant Hooks
2
6
Zippers
3
0
Trim 
0.40 metres
0
Elastic
1.3 metres
6 metres
Bias Tape
0.50 metres
0
Snaps
0
0
Buttons
15
12
Ribbon
0
0
Hook and Eye or other Closures
4
0
Basting Tape
1.016 metres
0

2 comments:

  1. What a busy month, with great success at the end and some beautiful fabric for your stash! The mint coloured silk sounds lovely ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about making a blouse with the mint coloured silk. I few things to clear off the sewing table first.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...