Tuesday 9 October 2012

Reasons Why I Sew: Reason # 3

Reason # 3:  I love my Mom.

Mama R has been searching high and low for a mattress cover for one of the beds. The mattress is not the most comfortable firm. And she's been looking for a mattress pad that would make it feel less firm.

She has purchased and returned many mattress pads and covers over the past few weeks. Some were ill-fitting. One was actually shorter than the package's listed measurements. And most had a plastic like topping. I don't know why it took me so long to come up with the solution. But better late than never.

"Why don't we make one?," I asked.

"That would be nice," Mama R replied.  "I would be very happy."

Sew, we were off to the fabric store to pick up batting for the middle of her new mattress cover. This project will of course jump the cue of my Advance shirtdress and my nephew's vests because, well just like I said, I love my Mom.

And that is another reason why I sew.

2 comments:

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...