Wednesday 1 April 2015

In Sewing News Today...

I'm back sewing thanks to the world's best chiropractor who worked on my hand this week. It still swelled up yesterday but to look at my hand right now you wouldn't have guessed that it was in a brace last night. There is no stopping me now!  

Mind you, I am in the midst of a good book.  


The book might slow down my sewing productivity.

I did manage to fix one of my March projects. Remember the skirt, Burda 6766? Well, I sat down opened the centre back seam, removed the zipper, removed the 5/8" seam allowances from the centre back pieces and then re-installed the invisible zipper. Which I promptly had to remove because the zipper broke when zipping it up! I think I was so overjoyed about being able to do some sewing that I didn't mind at all. And thankfully, there was another suitable invisible zipper in my stash.  


It now fits even though the side seams are more towards the back than the side. The up side is that the darts now sit in a better position.  And did I mention that it fits--the waistband actually sits at my waist!  

Well, that is all in sewing news today... 

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...