Sunday 19 February 2012

NEXT!

I thought I would take a peak at the projects that I still have pre-cut. This is a view of the projects I had prepped back in September.

I had big plans on being organized with projects set aside to work on over the winter. But other projects pushed their way ahead of the line like this and that. Oh and there was this too.

I have worked through many of the projects but some still remain.


There is Vintage Vogue 8728. It is cut out of a green stretch velvet fabric. I haven't been able to find a zipper to match this shade of green. And that has been my excuse for not getting this dress done.

I have read over at patternreview.com that when made out of knit fabric that you can do without the zipper, I think I might give it a try.

The plan was to have this dress made for Christmas but it didn't work out. So now I don't have any sense of urgency to get this one done. NEXT!



Another Vintage Vogue dress, Vogue 2787. This pattern takes two zippers and all those gathers.

Hmmm, isn't 2012 suppose to be all about pleats?

NEXT!
Vogue 8534 is a top cut out in a blue knit fabric. I'm just not feeling inspired by this project.

So NEXT!




Butterick 5561, I do like this pattern! It is for a top that has a deep pleat in the front.  I have already made two versions of this top. I first made this top for Mama R, and I like it so I made myself one.

This third version I cut out in a green polyester and I'm wondering what I was thinking when I chose that fabric.

NEXT!

HELLO, VOGUE 1263!

I remember when this pattern first came out, I just had to have it.

And I picked it up at 50% off at Fabricland instead of waiting for one of those amazing Vogue online sales. Why? Because I just couldn't wait the six to eight weeks it would take for the pattern to get here. Yet, the pattern is still sitting here. (tsk, tsk) My bad.

I have this Donna Karan jacket cut out in 100% boiled wool and in the most beautiful indigo colour.

I don't know why it is still sitting in my drawer. But I do believe this should be the next project from the drawer of projects waiting to make it to the sewing table.

I think I'll head upstairs, make a cup of coffee and read over the instructions. Flat fell seams I see...

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love the colour of that wool! It'll look lovely made up with that big shawl collar.

    I'm glad to see you're feeling up to a bit of sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am getting restless and wouldn't mind getting back into it.

      Delete
    2. I'm taking a break from transferring the markings for the darts :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I have Butterick 5561 as my next project, just as soon as I can decide on a fabric! Nice to know it's a 'good' pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...