Tuesday 21 February 2012

In sewing news today...

I've got the green light!  

"this"
"that"
I've been given the nod that I can return to work! Yippeee! I know, ribs take time to heal and don't do "this" or "that", yadda, yadda.

But he didn't say anything about sewing!

Sew needless to say, I can't wait to get back to the sewing machine!

Since I'm still not in any condition to be cutting out any new patterns, this will be a good time to clean up the projects I already have cut. I think I'll start on that Donna Karan jacket, Vogue 1263. I'll see how far I get done, but first I have to finish marking the endless amount of darts!

Zip, Zipp, Zippers!

Fingers are crossed that Mama R, who is vacationing in Florida, comes across some invisible zippers. I spoke with her last night and they're planning a trip to the fabric store this week.

I'm so nervous with excitement. Not just any kind of invisible zipper. I'm hoping that she comes across some cotton invisible zippers. The last dress that I made for her I used a recycled cotton invisible zipper and WOW, did that ever work well. And it was the best looking zipper that I installed. I prefer the cotton invisible zippers to the nylon ones that I can find here. My hope is that she comes back with as many as she can stuff in her suitcase.

Anyway, that's all in sewing news today (well, except for that sale at Vogue online right now). Check it out for yourself. I'm just signing off so I can get back to sewing.

Happy Sewing!

Update:

I was just reading the local paper and they have a picture of the winner of the Louis Riel look-a-like contest. I love the historical costumes. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...