Wednesday 29 February 2012

February in Review

Here is a look at my February projects project in review. Just one, it was a slow month.  

I'll admit I don't typically spend this much on one sewing project. Despite spending outside of my normal sewing project budget, I love the design! Sew, I have to say it was totally worth every penny because I have something in my closet that I would never come across in the store. And I know I'm going to get lots of use out of this, it will work with jeans or a dress.  

The Boiled Wool Jacket:

Fabric:  3.3 metres boiled wool (70% off from $40/m), $44.35 
Pattern:  Donna Karan jacket. Vogue 1263, $19.60 
Thread:  $4.78 (I used a whole spool of thread! I guess it was all those flat fell seams and top-stitching.)
Interfacing:  $0.25 (just a wee bit for the inside pocket)
Total Cost:  $68.98
Times worn this month:  None, yet.
Time investment:   26 hours (I was moving slowly, otherwise it shouldn't have taken this long).
Tools used:  Sewing machine, serger, fabric shears, ball-point sewing machine needle, hand sewing needles, thimble, seam ripper, tailor chalk, wax, and pins.
Would I made this again?  Absolutely. I enjoyed working with this pattern. Next time I probably wouldn't use such a heavy fabric and would stick to the recommend fabrics on the pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...