Sunday 5 June 2011

Hats!


Nothing says spring like a new hat!  

But I can't find anything in the stores (living in the prairies, western and folky styles seem to rule), so sew I was digging through my pattern collection.  I think I found the one!

I had this pattern for years, but never got around to making it.  It has always been in my want to make one day list.

It is a Vintage Vogue circa 1958.





The lined draped hat in one piece has a rolled brim in the front.  The pattern calls for thin crinoline for interlining the hat.  And it has a cute little bow in the centre back that I think will look nice with my hair kept short.

Can't wait to make it... but first I have to decide on the fabric.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...