Thursday 24 August 2023

In Sewing News Today...

The new fall Vogue patterns are out.  And it's a full-on nod to the nineteen seventies.  


Bell bottom pants (Vogue 1974) and pussy bow tops (Vogue 1973) .  


And check out this seventies vibe screaming for some stiff polyester and acrylic knit.  I'm kidding, don't go there.  As a kid, I actually had a knock-off RTW version of the jacket in the 1975 reissue pattern (Vogue 1966) back-in-those-days.  

Even though I was anticipating the arrival of the fall line I was meh about it.  I was hoping for some inspiration for cold weather wear.  Sweaters or cold weather jackets are where I would like to turn my sewing focus right now.  

I found this message when I went searching for the new pattern release.



Lots of changes in the sewing / pattern world.  I found Vogue patterns now available at the Simplicity website which is now "Your Sewing Pattern Destination".  Even locally there are changes to the pattern world.  I recently discovered that Fabricland raised the prices of their patterns by lowering the discount offered to Fabricland members.  I guess it is a sign of the times.  Everything is more expensive.  At the time, I was thinking about picking up Vogue 1581 as a special occasion outfit.  

I pivoted with the realization that the membership perks were reduced and decided to search and shop my pattern stash at home.  I don't think I will be renewing my membership when it comes due in a few months.  International shipping costs have made shopping the website just as expensive.  And I didn't have much time to wait for a pattern to arrive by mail.  


So with fingers crossed, I cut out a new-to-me pattern, Butterick 6784, in my good fabric.  Risky, but thankfully it worked out.  

Well, with all that special occasion sewing behind me, it's back to sewing everyday wear.  Cooler days are starting to appear and believe it or not some of the neighbourhood trees are shedding their leaves.  And thoughts are turning to cooler weather wear minus the seventies vibe that is out there.  

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, just what does that mean? Is the name just disappearing, as well it should? or something more ominous? Hmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something Delightful redirects to https://simplicity.com/voguepatterns And that Simplicity all-patterns site continues--or reverts--to using the name Vogue. At least so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that top pattern is just too much. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...