Friday 10 March 2023

National Skirt Day

One might argue that skirts are just clothing worn by all genders throughout history.  Or perhaps they are more?  They are loaded with history, stories and meanings.  They are political, cultural and personal pieces.  And I've sewn and worn a few skirts over the years.  


Out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1247 has been a favourite skirt pattern once some length was added to the hem.  This skirt is all about comfort.  The A-line shape works for me and the front pockets are what makes this a favourite.   The pockets are secure and roomy enough that I don't have to carry a purse.  There is a sense of safety with this skirt.  Although, I've out-grown these four versions over the years, I've replaced them and currently have two black versions.  

OOP Vogue 9060 is a comfortable pull-on elastic skirt pattern first discovered in 2014 and very much present in my wardrobe.  Pull-on skirts are my go-to skirt looks lately.  Add to the list OOP Butterick 5790, a maxi-length, pull-on, tapered skirt, as another favourite skirt pattern.  It's all about comfort and that makes skirts worthy of celebration.  

Do you have a favourite go-to skirt pattern?  

Happy Sewing and National Skirt Day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...