Monday 27 March 2023

Monday's Mending Pile

Sometimes there's footwear that ends up in the mending pile.  


And even though it's still cold with a blanket of white-ish snow covering the ground, there are moments during the sunny days when puddles are appearing.  That means it's time to start thinking about another seasonal change-over of what-to-wear items.  These rubber boots were found on the reduced shelf for eleven dollars a couple of years ago.  I didn't wear them a lot last year because sometimes when my leg swells they're just too snug.  It didn't turn out to be the bargain I thought it was when I first got them.  This getting old and fat phase of my life is a real bummer, but I digress.  

Back to the boots, I wasn't willing to give up on them.  I thought that if I just cut some of the height down and use some Fray Check™ on the cut edge, I might be able to use them when the icy streets turn to full-on puddles.  It happened that the plan turned out better than I thought and I didn't even need Fray Check™ on the edges.  I'm happy I didn't pass up on that bargain or get rid of these when they became too snug.  

Happy Mending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...