Friday 31 March 2023

March in Review...

Oh my!  It's the end of March already?  Although, I will admit that some parts of this month did feel like it dragged along.  

Sewing, Alterations & Mending Projects


There were no new sewing projects that hit the cutting table or sewing machine this month.  No Lenten sewing project.  No new Easter outfit or bonnet.  Instead, I was moping and aimlessly wandering about, wishing that I could sew.  This behaviour was followed by some deep guilt that I let a cast on my right arm stop me from sewing after watching Gill on re-runs of The Great British Sewing Bee.  A one-armed sewist made this incredible coat.  I should be ashamed of my time wasted moping.  And I am.  I did alter a pair of rain boots proving that I can cut with a pair of scissors.  I have no excuses.  That's about all I made this month, excuses.  Well today, the final day of the month, there is finally a pattern and some fabric on the table.  And I did spend some time this evening with a seam ripper taking down the narrow hem from this top.  Maybe next month I'll get back to some creative work.  

Stash-busting


I managed to stash bust thirty-five plus metres of fabric.  The yardage wasn't turned into wonderful wearable things... yet.  I sold off some of my stash.  Someone else, hopefully soon, will turn part of my treasured stash into wonderful wearable things.  I did add four metres of merio wool to the stash this month.  I'm hoping to turn the wool into wearable sweaters soon.  

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...