Monday 19 October 2020

In Sewing News Today...

It's been about six weeks since I sat at the sewing machine to sew.  These past months my sewing mojo took a serious hit while I pushed myself to sew things that hurt me to sew.  Over the past few months, sewing wasn't an escape or something that gave me a sense of joy.  It became, at times, a painful reminder that I didn't have time to process what was going on around me.  Thank you to the readers who left comments and reached out and even though I didn't respond, your messages were thoughtful and appreciated and I just needed a "break."  


Cancer reeled it's ugly head and took away someone dear to me. Again. It hurts. It really hurts. The sewing machine is packed away. I can't even imagine sitting down to sew right now. At this time, I can't imagine a time when I will want to sew again.  

If anything I've learned during this time is that you should never let someone nudge you into a project that you are not able to take on because of space limitations, lack of focus, sewing abilities, or physical challenges. It will mess you up.  

But if you are looking for a sewing project and would like to help. You can pick up where I have left off for now.  There is still more work to do if you want.  No pressure.  I'm not trying to nudge anyone into sewing something that is out of your comfort zone.  If you're looking for a small and meaningful project I do have a suggestion.  

Sew some scrub caps for palliative care nurses.  You can not imagine how something so small can uplift these angels who care for our loved ones.  Or sew more face masks for homeless shelters and families of cancer patients so that we can keep our communities safe.  

Stay Safe, Be Kind and Happy Sewing! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry for your losses; things are hard enough right now without the extra burden of losing a dear one.
    You do so much for others -I'm glad you are looking after yourself now.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Prayers, love, and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan from Manitoba19 October 2020 at 13:56

    So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...