Saturday 19 September 2020

In Sewing News Today...

Shopping for lining fabric last weekend did not work out.  The line up to get into the store was insane and I didn't have the luxury of time.  


I still do not have the luxury of time but this weekend I did manage to get up extra early and make it there before the store opened.  Others had the same thought and even though I was not the first in line this morning, I was part of the first batch of shoppers let into the store.  

I did foolishly think that this would be a quick in, pick out lining fabric, and get outta there, sort of errand.  Boy, was I wrong!  The line-up inside the store to get fabric measured and cut was a way longer wait than the pre-opening outdoor line-up.  


It was all worth it in the end.  I found a selection of lining fabrics on sale for $1.00 to $2.00 / metre.  I still can't believe it.  I loaded up the shopping cart with all of the green shades I could pull, hoping that one of the rolls would have at least 11 metres on them.  And thanks to God, it happened the one bolt that I hoped and prayed would have enough yardage did.  I will admit that there was a bit of excitement with finding the lining fabric at a bargain price when everything else has been going up ridiculous amounts.  

One hurdle done, now to find the time and place (I need several large folding tables pulled together.  It's that big of a project.) to have this cut out before I can get this sewn.  Maybe next weekend.  

Be Safe and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...