Friday 31 July 2020

July in Review...


Creativity took a vacation this month.  

I started the month nursing a sore back after altering a costume cape pattern on the floor. I forgot that I'm too old for working bent over on the floor. Once the costume cape toile was complete and out of my hands until a fabric decision and purchase is made, I really didn't want to do anymore sewing. The two projects that I actually did manage to finish this month were two acts of slow sewing. Believe it or not, I had more interest in mending. Strange times. Odd and also a fine month, with my free time filled with tending to garden plants and reading.  

The following items were cleared from the stash:    
  • 6 metres of fabric
  • 1.2 metres of interfacing
  • 1 previously used pattern
  • 1 new pattern
  • 9 buttons
  • 1 label
Stay Safe, Be Kind and Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully your back is better!! I get a little disconcerted too when I have little to no sewing mojo :)

    ReplyDelete

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...