Friday 24 July 2020

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend: Butterick 6324

The diamond pin-tucking (yes, those kind of diamonds) on this fabric is one of my favourite details on this shirt. I purchased this 100% cotton fabric already pin-tucked many, many moons ago from Mitchell Fabrics. 



The pattern, Butterick 6324 (circa 2016), was found in a sales bin. Otherwise, I don't think I would have picked up this pattern for a simple top. I would have quite simply overlooked this one.  It's a lovely pattern and I'm quite happy that I gave this one a try.  

I really like the fact that there are no darts to interfere with the pin-tucking and the front fly feature gives it a nice clean finish. I switched the sleeve pattern for my favourite sleeve, cuff and placket combination from Vogue 1503.  





Project Details

Seams:  2.8 stitch length, 5/8" seam allowance.  

Seam Finish:  Serged

Tips:  Don't be scared off by this pattern based on Pattern Reviews that mention challenges with the front band.  I didn't find the instructions for this part of the pattern to be challenging at all, perhaps it was a revised printing?  

Fabric:  3 metres (narrow width)

Interfacing:  0.80 metres fusible

Label:  1 "Me Made" label by Kylie and the Machine

Buttons:  9 - 1/2" buttons 

Pattern:  Butterick 6324 and Vogue 1503

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, pin cushions, tailor's chalk, hand sewing machine needle, threads, sewing machine, walking foot, buttonhole foot, serger, screwdriver, tweezers, buttonhole cutter, cutting board, tailor's wax, thread clippers, clapper iron, ironing board, seam ripper, and a few breaks.  

Stay Safe, Be Kind and Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...