Tuesday 6 August 2019

Boy's Sweatshirt: McCall's 6548

McCall's 6548 contains patterns for a short sleeved button front shirt, pullover t-shirt and shorts. This project used the t-shirt pattern as a foundation.  


I wanted to make a long sleeve sweatshirt but some changes were needed. First I lengthened the sleeves. After checking some reviews, I followed advice from others and added two inches to the hem. I also used Knit-N-Stable fusible tape for the hemlines.  

It's an okay pattern, basic, maybe next time I would shorten the width of the neckline band. I didn't check the instructions. Seriously, it's an easy project with only four pattern pieces. It is certainly suited for beginners.  

The Stats

Fabric:  1 metre

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, threads, screwdriver, mini-vacuum, lint brushes, scissors, pins, pin cushion, measuring gauge, measuring tape, seam ripper, ruler, tailor's chalk, and a cup of tea.  

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with shortening the width of the neckline. Other than that I think it is something my sons would have loved when they were younger.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...