Wednesday 21 November 2018

To Be Gifted...

I don't personally know any little gals that could use a little dress but I truly enjoy sewing Vogue 1455.  So I'm really thrilled when I have an opportunity to make one.  I'm sad to report that this is now an out-of-print (OOP) pattern because this is such a cute dress.  It is still available on the Vogue website as an OOP pattern so if you want to give it a try, it's still available but for a limited time and at the OOP pattern price.  


When I offer to make a dress for someone's daughter, my only request is that I get to choose the fabric.  I'm trying to use up fabric from the stash.  This is my favourite side, it's reversible. It's a white and black floral print and 100% cotton.


The reverse side is a combination of floral prints. The hem band is a 100% cotton and I'm not sure if the main body fabric is a linen.  It feels like a linen but it's been in my stash for so long that I'm not 100% sure.  All I know it that I think it's cute and I'm thrilled that I have finally made something worthy of this fabric.

Fingers are crossed that it will make the little gal it will be gifted to very happy.

The Stats:  

Fabric:  2.6 metres

Ribbon:  1.5 metres

Pattern:  OOP Vogue 1455

Buttons:  4 - 3/8" buttons

Additional Supplies & Tools:  Cutting table, scissors, pins, tailor's chalk, sewing machine, button hole foot, serger, threads, thread clippers, iron, ironing board and an audio book playing in the background while I sewed. 

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...