Thursday, 7 September 2017

Blue Linen Eva Dress

There are plans to sew one more Eva dress by Tessuti Patterns but this one is not it. This version is for a friend. A very patient friend because it should not have taken me as long as it did to make it.  


The fabric is 100% linen from my stash. I used the steam method to preshrink the fabric before I proceeded with cutting it out. Tessuti patterns come with all sizes XS to L which was really handy. I didn't use the order laid out in the pattern instructions, instead I sewed it up as I did the other versions I made for myself.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:  3 metres 

Bias Tape:  2.8 metres

Fusible Tape:  1 metre Knit-N-Stable tape

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, walking foot, regular presser foot, cutting table, measuring tape, markers, Burda tracing paper, serger, threads, scissors, thread clippers, screwdriver, tailor's ham, iron, ironing board, pins, many breaks and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Skirt: OOP Vogue 9701

I've been longing for a wrap skirt but it really isn't all that practical in the windy city with winter fast approaching.  Out-of-p...