Wednesday, 18 February 2015

The Lenten Sewing Project

Let's face it, I'm not the give up my coffee (I've tried and tried) or heaven forbid chocolate kind-of-gal. Who came up with that sort of silliness when the stores are filling up with chocolate bunnies to tempt everyone anyway? But I digress...

My goal this year during the Lent season is to make chemo caps to donate to Manitoba Cancer Care. I plan to use McCall's 6521.

McCall's 6521

These three styles are the ones that I would like to focus on.  




The challenge would be to make forty chemo caps for the "forty days" of Lent. Yeah, I know there are technically more than forty days between Ash Wednesday and Easter but lets start with forty for now and see how that goes...   
  
I'm so happy I decided not to give up coffee for Lent, I might need it. ;)  How about you, is there any charity sewing projects on your sewing table?

Happy Sewing!  

  

4 comments:

  1. No charity sewing but I do volunteer every week on vancouvers downtown eastside so I am trying to do my part! I don't know how you do it, I can barely accomplish sewing for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of, sort of. I am making prayer cloths for the church seasons for one of the schools. I have actually started on the Lent one and hope to finish it this week. Then I will move on to Easter, Ordinary Time and then Red for special Masses (only there they use them for Gospel Assemblies).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good idea. Please show us a picture of all finished caps at the end of the project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. i like it alot. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...