Tuesday, 6 December 2011

In sewing news today...

Project Runway: The Final Five Episode! (we're a wee bit behind the rest of the world) 

Ouch! The tension in the workroom is ruining the post-yoga vibe I have going on.

I wish there was a mute button for Jason. Just saying.

I also have to say that I loved the lattice work in Laura's dress--Wow! But Anya's designs did rock the episode! I love the angles on the dresses.

I was speechless at Anya's choices for who should go to fashion week with her--Victor and Jason? Seriously?

I won't spoil it and say who will go to Fashion Week in case anyone hasn't seen the episode.

I don't know if I'm really excited about see the rest of the season. It is a bit of a yawn. I don't know, another episode of Jason. Oiye!

New Fabrics!

There was a sale this weekend at Fabricland, I think I might have mentioned that.

Honest, the only reason that I went back on Sunday was to pick up snaps to finish off the baby onesie that I was making.

Light olive green corduroy
And then I spotted these lovely fabrics and that was it, visions of finished garments started floating around in my head.

The corduroy fabric is so soft and it has a beautiful drape. It is a cotton, nylon, and spandex blend. I picked up two metres of this for a skirt. It's a light-weight fabric that I think will make a lovely skirt for spring.
Cream / Off white silk



And this medium weight off-white coloured 100% silk I picked up thinking that it would make a nice jacket.

But then it would also be lovely for a dress too.

I do have some time to think about it since I still have several projects sitting in my sewing drawers waiting that I will have to finish.


That's is all in sewing news today.  Happy sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What The Fudge, Nike and Converse

I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news.  If you want to read about it, here is a li...