Sunday 8 July 2018

McCall's 7630: Pullover Top

It's an easy sewing project for a loose-fitting pullover top. It's my second go with this pattern and I still want to make another just because it's so comfortable.  


And the pattern offers sleeve and hemline variations making this pattern a keeper. This time I made view B minus the breast pocket. I wanted a top that would go with this skirt I made three years ago. Finally, I have a top that I think goes well with it. But would you believe that I found it also goes with other items in my closet like this skirt. There is nothing like a good basic in a neutral colour.    


The fabric is my favourite, silk noir, a rare find at the fabric store now-a-days. I wouldn't let any scraps of this fabric make it to the garbage bin. It's too precious and I plan to piece it together for a future project. That's the plan.  For now, I just plan to enjoy wearing this one.  

The Stats:  

Fabric:  1.3 metres

PatternMcCall's 7630
Additional Tools & Supplies:  Iron, ironing board, cutting table, scissors, pins, tailor's chalk, sewing machine, serger, threads, and a cup of coffee.  

Happy Sewing!
  

2 comments:

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...