Thursday 5 July 2018

In Sewing News Today...

The sewing mojo has taken a hit lately. There has been mending and alterations work going on and on and on.



This summer sandals have made it to the sewing table twice this summer.


This is a ready-to-wear (RTW) shirt that I've had for many moons. It hasn't seen the light of day or night since I gained weight and it didn't look as good as it once did. Until a recent weight loss occurred, this shirt wasn't even on my radar for alterations.  


The hem shortened, cuffs and a bit of the sleeve length cut off to earn this shirt a place in the closet. 


More hems. 


The sewing mojo might return with the arrival of this pattern, Tina Givens' Iris dress. I'm not a fan of the pattern cover photo but this photo captured my imagination. The dress shape reminds me of Lynn Mizono's Vogue 1410. I really like the Iris dress pattern for its large collar that drapes over the shoulder, the fact that it has sleeves and, wait for it, POCKETS! This will be my first Tina Givens project and it will be interesting to see how the two patterns compare.  

Will see what sewing in July turns out... 

Happy Sewing!  




2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I can hardly wait to see what you do with this dress pattern.

    My sewing mojo is on hiatus right now. I keep saying I need to sew and then turn around and pick up my knitting needles instead.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mending is a good thing...in small doses. :-)

    I like that pattern but oh, I would be lost in it. I look forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...