Tuesday 25 April 2017

Day 2 Photo Challenge: Positive Changes

For my photo challenge today I have to acknowledge Peter Lappin's blog [Male Pattern Boldness] post from 2012. This post set me on a reading journey that I didn't think would lead into a collection of books on fashion. It all started with Overdressed:  The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion and it didn't stop there.   


These books have shaped and changed my view on sewing and consumption since reading Cline's book. Without this kick in the pants these books, Thanks Peter, I don't know if I would have participated in RTW Fasts prior to gaining this knowledge. I'll admit, the RTW Fast have been challenging, especially in the beginning but it has forced me to try to sew items that I have previously feared. These books are not easy reads, they're heartbreaking but they will open your mind to positive changes.   


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...