Sunday 2 August 2015

This Pattern Makes Me Sew Happy

Stash-busting 2015:  Lynn Mizono for Little Gals

This is the sixth version of Vogue 1455 and this pattern makes me so sew happy every time I work on it. 



The Pattern:

I think this is the most adorable dress pattern for little gals that Vogue has released. It is reversible and that has to be my favourite part of this dress. The bubble hem is created by hidden buttons and you can interchange the ribbon. What is not to love?   



The Fabric:

One side of the dress is in the red and white cotton fabric that I made with this versionThe contrasting hem band was left over fabric from this project.  The red and white fabrics used for the main body of the dress were found at Northwest Fabrics about a year and a half ago. It has some stretch. I found the red and white polka dot ribbon at Northwest Fabrics as well.  


The reverse side is 100% silk noir. The main part of this side is a royal blue silk that I found at Northwest Fabrics. Don't hate me, but this was another bolt that I picked up for ninety-nine cents per metre if I took the whole bolt. That was a no-brainer, that the whole 9.3 metres should come home with me. I used some yellow silk noir that was in my stash and even though I picked it up at 70% it was more than the blue but has significantly more width that the blue silk. The blue ribbon is from my stash--my first choice would be a yellow ribbon but I don't have any more in my stash.  


The Stats:

Fabric:      1.7 blue silk $1.90 (99¢ + taxes)
                  0.9 metres yellow silk $6.71 ($22.00 - 70% + taxes)
                  0.8 metres red and white circle patterned fabric $5.41 ($5.99 + taxes)
                  0.4 metres red and white floral patterned fabric $1.81 ($4.00 + taxes)

Ribbon:    2 metres $1.02

Buttons:    4 $0.00 (recycled)

Pattern:     Vogue 1455 (already priced out in previous versions)

Thread:      Used various colours (yellow, red, and blue). Finished off another spool.    

Sewn on:    Janome sewing machine and serger. Used a buttonhole foot, seams were double stitched and finished with the serger.    

Happy Sewing!  




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! And I have to admit that I do have fun sewing these dresses up!

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...