Sunday 7 July 2013

In Sewing News Today...

Ghost Cloud!
{Source}
On Friday, I spent my evening cutting the last of the purificators. Remember those? It was the Lenten Sewing project that I have going on during Lent. Yeah, I'm not proud at how long it has taken me to finish this project.

I did manage to finish the fifty that the parish asked for, these are just extras made from the rest of the fabric. I was able to squeak out another ten while cutting the fabric the other night. I managed to sew half of them yesterday.

Not my favourite kind of sewing project because I spend more time at the ironing board than I do at the cutting table and sewing machine combined. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about ironing.

In other sewing news, I've been busy mending clothes. My favourite summer dress had a hole in the waistline that was easy to fix because it was on the seam line. Now, it just needs to be ironed. And the decorative frog on one of my favourite makes needs replacement, Papa R's pants need to be re-hemmed, and the priest's vestment needs the neckline repaired.

All this mending and ironing is going to drive me to want to sew something challenging next. Hmm, maybe Vogue 1034? I've always wanted a red denim pair of jeans. Well, I best stop day-dreaming and get back to my ironing mending.

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...