Monday 12 December 2011

Christmas Cards

I have been writing Christmas cards this weekend. Yes, it is one of my favourite holiday traditions.

I know you're probably thinking, "how old fashion".

But I do love coming home from work to find that another Christmas card has arrived in the mail.

Yes, I have "ol' fashion" friends who are generous enough to take the time to write and mail those little pieces of art, humour, and good cheer.  

And I do get Christmas greetings from my technology inclined friends via electronic sources. It is not the same as those e-cards are hard to display on the Christmas tree or string along the wall.

My favourite cards are the ones that are homemade with winter scene photographs, or scrap-booking materials.

I do admire those folks that go the extra hundred miles in their Christmas card giving.

I am in awe of those creative folks that use their sewing machines to create homemade Christmas cards.

And check this one out! A co-worker and friend gave me this beautiful hand-made card a few years ago. It is stunning.

She rolled paper strips and glued them onto card paper into a pattern depicting a tree.

I don't have the patience to create this detailed work but I do have an appreciation for the creativity of this beautiful piece of art. Every year, I take it out and display it with the other cards that come in through the mail. I thought I would share it with you too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...