Tuesday 1 October 2024

Sewing Some Weight Loss Motivation: OOP Butterick 5790

This is my attempt at recreating a favourite make from back-in-the-day when I was fit and a healthy weight.  And even though I picked up vintage and out-of-print Butterick 5790 in a larger size combination, it didn't work out.  


It's snugger than a sausage casing around my abdomen, so I won't be putting it back on unless there is significant weight loss in my future.  Fingers crossed.  I really like this top so this is a little more motivation to lose weight.  

The fabric is a lovely French terry that I picked up many moons ago over at Marshall / Northwest Fabrics.  It was pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer before hitting the cutting table.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightening bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  1.4 metres

Knit 'N Staple tape:  0.2 metres


Pattern
:  OOP Butterick 5790, circa 1999

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, paper scissors, fabric scissors, pins, wrist pin cushion, measuring tape, iron, ironing board, tailor's chalk, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, screw driver, Janome serger, threads, thread clipper and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sewing Some Weight Loss Motivation: OOP Butterick 5790

This is my attempt at recreating a favourite make from back-in-the-day when I was fit and a healthy weight.  And even though I picked up vin...