Thursday 24 October 2024

Merino Wool Pullover Sweater: Sew House Seven's Toaster Sweater / An Oversized Version

This toaster sweater is part of a set, it's meant to be worn with a recently made matching skirt.


First, let's talk about the sweater.  Oh my goodness, it's cozy and oversized and just what I was hoping for with this make.  The first version I made in the largest size straight out of the pattern with the one exception of lengthening it five inches at the hemline.  This one I tweaked a little.  I still made it in the largest size but instead of sewing 3/8" seam allowances I went with 5/8" seam allowances.  And instead of lengthening the hem line five inches I opted for four inches in additional length.  I also shortened the sleeves, they are still long, but I can live with the length.  Although, I will likely roll up the sleeves.  

The fabric is a beautiful merino wool I found at Marshall Fabrics last year.  As of a month or two ago they still have some in stock.  I would recommend using a walking foot and going slow with this fabric, it's worth the time.  






Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightening bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2.1 metres 

Sewing Label:  1 -- "me made" KATM clothing label

Pattern:  Toaster Sweater by Sew House Seven

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, fabric scissors, pins, pin cushion, tailor's chalk, straight ruler, measuring tape, measuring gauge, iron, ironing board, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, Janome serger, Janome Cover Pro machine, threads, thread clippers, screwdriver, lint brush, tweezers, decaf coffee and a wee bit of procrastination.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merino Wool Pullover Sweater: Sew House Seven's Toaster Sweater / An Oversized Version

This toaster sweater is part of a set, it's meant to be worn with a recently made matching skirt . First, let's talk about the sweat...