Thursday 13 July 2023

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Skirt / OOP Butterick 5970

 


This project is all about comfortable pieces and nostalgic sewing.  I've been sewing this cherished skirt pattern, out-of-print (OOP) Butterick 5790, for a very long time.  I have the original copy which I out-grew long ago and this is made with a more recent copy that is in my current size.  But I digress.  

The fabric is a cotton knit that have made an appearances here and here.  It was pretreated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer before hitting the cutting table.  Thankfully, no need to press before cutting.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightening bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  1 metre

Elastic:  1 metre


Pattern
:  OOP Butterick 5790

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, measuring tape, ruler, spring-hinge fabric scissors, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, spring-hinge thread clippers, iron, ironing board, Janome serger, threads, safety pins and wrist brace.  

Happy Sewing!    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...