Thursday 28 July 2022

Sewing Tools From the Hardware Store

Not all sewing tools come from the fabric or craft store.  Some very useful tools can be found at the hardware store aisles.  And in most cases, it will save you money compared to fabric store finds. 


This magnetic pick-up tool comes in handy when picking up fallen pins or sewing machine parts that might fall into hard to reach places.  And the flexible arm helps with reaching areas without having to bend or twist in uncomfortable positions.  


The humble hammer has been a much treasured tool in the sewing basket.  This smaller version is a perfect partner for a buttonhole cutter.  It's also a helpful tool when installing jean buttons and snaps.  


And these handy tools are great for cutting, opening and closing chains.  The pliers are handy when hand-stitching leather and pulling a needle through the thick layers.

Just some of the unconventional sewing tools that make it onto and underneath the work table during a project.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favortie retailers is Tractor Supply. There are great finds in there at good prices for the home sewist. I particularly love those enameled tool carts but alas, I doubt I could get one down the bulkhead into my sewing cave in the basement. They are gorgeous and the ultimate sewing tool, IMO.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...