Monday 15 February 2021

In Sewing News Today...

There is another project on my want-to-make list, cotton gloves. A few weeks ago Barbara suggested using Vaseline on my painfully dried and crack hands covered with cotton gloves.   


These cotton gloves were a purchase at a medical supply business and they worked perfectly until I washed them and they shrunk. There is cotton knit in the stash and I think I can get away with making mitts instead of gloves, it's just to cover my Vaseline covered cracked hands while I sleep. I'll just have to remember to pre-shrink the fabric first.  

I just need to find some free time to sew. Oh and find some sewing mojo, it seems to be lacking of late.  

Anyway, that's all in sewing news today.  

Stay safe and Happy Sewing!






3 comments:

  1. HIya, I agree with needing the gloves, but instead of vaseline which is made from petroleum byproducts... use a good cream. Or make one with some nice skin helping essential oils. There are loads of blogs out there who have recipes on them, but please try something different from vaseline. Here is a link to a website with a homemade alternative: https://jenniraincloud.com/diy-vaseline/
    Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recommended by my doctor for my children back when they had skin issues is Crisco. It worked wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I wash my hands with homemade soap, they are not dry and I don't even need any lotion. Using a detergent product, such as liquid hand or shower wash, makes my skin so dry I can't seem to replace the moisture. Soap works better for skin, in my experience.

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...