Thursday 1 February 2018

January in Review...

Seriously, January has been a blur when I think about at it. I didn't make any sewing plans since I knew my free time would be filled with driving others to appointments. It worked out okay since all the snow shovelling played havoc on my wrists and my sewing mojo. But I did manage to get some sewing done.

The Keepers:  

Navy Rachel Comey skirt, out-of-print Vogue 1247. I found all the supplies and notions from my stash using 1.1 metres of sateen, 1 metre of interfacing, a zipper, a recycled snap and reusing a favourite pattern. This skirt replaced a navy skirt that ended up being cut up for rags.  

When I made this pink wool sweater and blogged about it, I was not willing to admit that it's my favourite colour but things have changed. Never say never. I actually like how it looks on my sun deprived skin and it's been an item that I seen to reach for quite often. All materials and supplies were from the stash, 1.4 metres of wool fabric and Simplicity 8529.

The green and red plaid skirt is my favourite make. Paco Peralta's Vogue 1567 design makes me so happy with those fantastic pockets that drape from the sides.


Words can't describe how great I feel while wearing this skirt. It's fun and different and I like it. The three metres of fabric that I used for this project came from my stash and the sewing pattern has been in my collection for a few months. But I did have to hit the store for an invisible zipper, seam binding and some thread.  

The Fail:

The beginning of the year, I joined the 2018 RTW Fast and in addition I went further with vowing to stay away from purchasing fabric and patterns as well. Would you believe that I didn't even look at fabric when I went to get my zipper and thread for the latest sewing project? Thirty-one days down, three hundred thirty-four more days to go. All of the items I made were made with patterns and fabric purchased prior to the start of the year. I have a stash that should keep me going for the year and it would be nice to downsize. 

So what's in the plans for February? I'm anxiously waiting to see if there is any noticeable difference to the interior of my sinuses in a couple of weeks.  It has now been three months that I've stopped wearing any clothes that contain man-made fibres. I certainly feel better and have noticed a difference. This is the first winter that I haven't had a need for an inhaler. Coincidence? We'll see.  

Until then, happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...