Saturday, 13 August 2016

In Sewing News Today...

Okay, are you sitting down and enjoying your morning coffee?

{Source}

Good, I have some news to share. I went into a fabric store and didn't buy any fabric! Crazy, eh? I found myself in the neighbourhood and stopped by Mitchell Fabric, the first time since this happened. And I have to tell you it was a wonderful shopping experience, no one snapped at me for touching fabric.

And they had some beautiful fabric like this Dolce and Gabbana lace fabric. 


I actually gasped when I spotted this bolt draped from the ceiling onto a table.  It is more stunning in person than in the photograph. Rhonda introduced us to this fabric with this blog post. I didn't even look at the price tag, I just stood there in awe, admiring this exquisite bolt of cloth. I was amazed that I would actually stumble across this bolt in a prairie fabric store. It was surreal, so beautifully surreal.

Although, I came across many bolts of beautiful wools and silks, I didn't pick up anything. I kept thinking about the fabric that I have in my stash and that was a good thing. But I was tempted by small pieces of wool found in the reduced section that I thought would work in creating a Koos Van Der Akker design with some of the wools I have in my stash.     

  
This coat has been on my want-to-make list for quite some time. Maybe soon?

Even though I walked out of the store without any new fabric, I didn't leave empty handed. A New Look skirt pattern that I hope to work on this weekend. Right after I finish cutting and sew Vogue 1515. Yes, OOP Vogue 2427 has fallen to the side lines for now. I hope to finish it before my summer lay-off comes to an end. 

How about you, what's on your sewing table?  

Happy Sewing!  




6 comments:

  1. Good for you resisting the temptation! But I hope you continue with 2427 when you are ready--.looking forward to seeing 1515- I have just bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm ready to get back to Vogue 2427, I'm just scared it won't fit since a few pounds creep on since I've sprained my ankle. I just finished Vogue 1515 will blog about it soon.

      Delete
  2. That lace is beautiful! There's no way I would have been able to resist that

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful fabric! I cannot believe you walked out without a bit of it :-) Here in the southwest, we are in the dog days of summer...so everyone is a bit tired of getting up early to escape the heat. I am currently sewing a little tunic out of some Japanese double gauze. It should hit my blog in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will admit that I was considering a skirt with that piece of lace and then came to my senses when I tried to figure out how the heck it would ever fit into my lifestyle.

      Delete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...