The shirtdress is coming along slowly but surely. I have the back bodice of Simplicity 1880 sewn to the back skirt of McCall's 6554. I omitted the centre back seam in the skirt to match the bodice. Tomorrow, I will start piecing together the bodice front before sewing and attaching it to the skirt front. Once that is done things should move along at a faster pace.
Have you noticed that I'm not a good follower? Sunni has her skirt front and back sewn together and hanging on the dress form to let it hang for several days before hemming. I have never done that before. Well actually, I guess I did do that for the dress I made for my niece but it wasn't intentional.
I'm thinking about what I want to do about the interfacing. Lately, I'm turned off from using fusible interfacing. Long story that I won't get into now but hand-stitching some non-fusible will be in the plans.
Another pattern that falls in the category of shirtdress has crossed my sewing table, Style 2739, circa 1970. Mama R made this outfit for me many moons ago.
It was in Mama R's pattern stash. She dug it out the other evening. I can't believe she held onto it all these years. We had a great chuckle over it and some others that she dug up.
Anyway, that is the update on all things shirtdress.
Happy Sewing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Refashioning the Wrap Dress Into Something I Will Actually Wear
Many moons ago, I scored the original copy of a DVF wrap dress pattern, vintage Vogue 1610. Today, you can find a copy via Vogue patterns a...
-
This is my wearable toile version of the Kyoto Vest by Tessuti Patterns . The pattern has been sitting in the stash for nearly a decade ....
-
Source : Women shirtwaist makers, 1909 Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University This weekend, actually today, we're celebrating La...
-
Last month I made a pair of stirrup pants to wear while doing yardwork and hopefully prevent tick bites. Yeah, that is a thing now. But I...
-
This pair of wool pull-on pants has been gifted. They are made with out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372. I don't know what to say about...
-
I'm not going to repost the disgusting and sickening ad that has Converse shoes in the news. If you want to read about it, here is a li...
I'm with you on the fusible- I'm using a silky with a slight stretch and that always goes 'phloowy' with fusible for me. I'm about to swear off of it!
ReplyDeleteAll I've done is the skirt and have it hanging- it's hard to follow along!!
Me too! Now that I have time on my hands a interfacing post may be in the near future. One more family event and then it is back to sewing.
ReplyDelete