Sunday 25 June 2017

In Sewing News Today...

Sewing blooper #... actually, I lost count.


I cut out a couple of pairs of panties using left over knit from this top. The plan was that it would be an easy sewing project. It should have been an easy project considering this is not my first pair using Simplicity 8229. Without looking at the sewing instructions I layered the front, back and crotch lining pieces in the wrong order and created my latest sewing blooper. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm undecided if I want to attempt to unstitch it or just re-cut another pair. If there's enough scrap fabric, I think it will be easier to just re-cut.    


I did have some sewing related success this weekend.  I found buttons for another version of Butterick 6026, a Katherine Tilton shirt. Woohoo!, gotta love simple pleasures. I hope to start on this project tonight after I get those panties done.  

Well that's what is on my sewing table.  What's on yours this weekend?  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...