Saturday, 11 July 2015

Phew!

Vogue patterns released their fall line last night and I can say that my wallet is safe. Phew! There is only one pattern that I wouldn't mind making.  

Vogue 9135

It is a lovely unlined jacket with side pockets by Kathryn Brenne. The description says that it has a hook and eye closing but I think I'll change it up with fabric covered snaps. I just have to wait for the online sale and then another four weeks for it to get here by snail mail. I should have my sewing table cleared of all the on-going projects by then.  

I can't believe I'm not tempted by any of the Marcy Tilton patterns.  

Vogue 9130

Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9130 reminds me of many top patterns already sitting in my stash. I love the fabric the sample is made in though.  

Vogue 9140
And even though Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9140 looks very comfortable the pants actually remind me of something I would wear to the gym before I would wear out in the public sphere. I think this is the first time I'm not smitten over any Tilton patterns. And my wallet lets out a sigh of relief.  

Vogue 1464
Sandra Betzina's Vogue 1446 pants pattern seems a wee-bit out-of-place for the fall release, doesn't it? The design reminds me of sailor style pants and styled with the striped tee-shirt I would associate this with a spring line. I did notice that the pant legs are on the narrow side and the waistlines are falling back below the waist. Not a style that works for me. Again, phew!  

There are lots of loose-fitting jackets and no capes. I guess capes have become passé for Fall 2015. Have you checked out the Vogue Fall collection? Any favourites?  

Happy Sewing!  

  


6 comments:

  1. I did bite for 9140. I can't resist Marcy Tilton. The coat looks like a fun make and the pants....I will make them for lounging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually all over the Tilton patterns. The top reminds me of other Tilton top patterns I have so I'm going to pass but those pants as lounge pants sound comfortable. I'm trying to be good though.

      Delete
  2. I had the opposite reaction to thiscollection-there was a lot to love. Marcy's tee will make it into my closet and many other patterns too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some lovely Donna Karan patterns too and that lovely Anne Klein princess seamed double-breasted jacket as well. They're beautiful, I just know I don't have the figure or height to pull off the look. I'm just happy I'm only tempted by one pattern, there's so much on my to do sewing list right now! ;)

      Delete
  3. Covered snaps would be perfect on my new pattern. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

In Sewing News Today...

Today marks the end of Make Something Week hosted by Greenpeace and Fashion Revolution. I love that it was held in December, when consumeri...