Thursday 5 September 2013

Taking My Sweet Time...

Burda 7136 is on my sewing table right now. It has been on my sewing table for days. It shouldn't be taking me so long to make a blouse.

What can I say, I'm taking my sweet time. I'm about half way done. Yesterday, I finished sewing and basting the collar. Later today, I'll finish the collar and facing and then move ahead on the next steps.

The last time I made a shirt in a fabric that has a similar appearance on both sides I made this great error. And this blouse also has plackets. Oh, the flashbacks!  

Mistakes happen, I just have to learn from them. I think the lesson that I took away from the McCall's 2447 shirt would be to take my time and double check before stitching. Just take my sweet time and everything will be fine.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...