Sunday, 1 September 2013

The Tim Gunn Project

Next up:  The Classic White Shirt.

I pinked the edges of my white fabric and threw it in the wash for a pre-shrink. Well you wouldn't believe how much it frayed!

I don't believe that there is 50% cotton in this fabric by the amount of fraying, the other 50% is suppose to be polyester. I'm going to take care with pressing this fabric.

Moving along, I changed my mind on the pattern when I stumbled across Burda 7136. I've read some great reviews and I'm going to give this pattern a whirl.

It has sleeve plackets and even french cuffs! For this white shirt I'm going to make style A. Burda lists this pattern on it's website as a vintage design. Whatever they want to call it, I think this pattern will work as a classic white shirt.

Happy Sewing!  

2 comments:

  1. Your fabric is really lovely, and the pattern looks like a great one for a classic white shirt. Looking forward to your completed shirt and review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to start sewing it tomorrow.

      Delete

The Eva Dress by Tessuti

This is my first project using Tessuti patterns and I'm even more impressed with how it turned out than I was when the patterns arrived...