Sunday 12 May 2013

In Sewing News Today...

There has not been any sewing this weekend. I have been fighting a cold. Come to think about it, since pulling muscles in my back a couple of weeks ago and now this cold there hasn't been much sewing this month. Boo.

I'm going to drop the Me-Made-May fête. Sorry, it has just been too much to keep up with the posts and managing to get pictures. Just know that I will continue to wear me-made items this month, like every month. I just won't have photographic proof to show and tell.

I did learn a few things during the first ten days of Me-Made-May. I need pants! I would be dancing with delight if I could just pull off a decent fitting pair of pants. When I get my energy back this will be one of the projects I would like to tackle. That and knickers. I could use a few more pairs of those also.

Oh and then there are those other sewing projects that I need to take care of before I think of making pants...

  • The vestment for the parish priest. I'm feeling guilty that I've had it for this long. I really must get this done this week. There is still quite a bit of seam ripping to finish first. And then I will have to trim down the blanket binding and make it into bias tape.   
  • I will also have to start and finish the other men's shirt that I promised my brother.  
  • Oh and finish cutting the remaining white linen and complete the rest of the purificators.  
Me-Made-May also highlighted the fact that there is so much to sew and so little time!  

What's on your sewing table?  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...