Friday 16 February 2024

Stash busting: Oops! First Sewing Blooper of 2024 / Self-Drafted Foam Block Cover

 


It is not perfect, but I'm calling it good enough.  I was trying to sew a smaller version of this project.  There was some obvious miscalculations but I didn't catch the error until after it was sewn.  It's good enough since it is a block of foam for my physio.  It doesn't need to be perfect, just functionable.  It's good enough for now.  Maybe one day, I'll try again to achieve a better fit.  

The 100% cotton fabric was a left-over piece from this project.  It was previously pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer.  


Project details

Foam:  1 block, 49 cm x 19 cm x 5 cm

Seams:  2.6 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  0.4 metres

Basting tape:  1 metre

Zipper:  55 cm invisible zipper (cut to size)

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, serrated knife, cutting board, household scissors, measuring tape, tailor's chalk, fabric scissors, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, invisible zipper foot, Janome serger, threads, thread clippers, screwdriver and not enough coffee.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...