Sunday 18 February 2024

Stash busting: OOP Simplicity 2372

I'm trying hard to use the fabric that I have in my stash.  I guess, I am on a fabric fast along with a #NoMorePolyester journey this year.  



Inflation and the over abundance of man-made fibers found in the aisles of the local fabric stores have taken the joy out of fabric shopping, even if it's only window shopping.  Current selection of natural fiber fabrics are losing their appeal as more are blended with man-made fibers or just don't feel right to the touch.  And to be honest I have some a lot of vintage yardages that I wouldn't never find in the current retail market.  That's how this dress came to be made out of a cotton sateen fabric.  


This was a vintage yardage.  I've been sitting on this fabric for years decades.  I was on the fence over this time as to what I would transform the yardage into.  And I will admit that I completely forgot about it until I started digging through the stash.  

The pattern is the tried and true and out-of-print Simplicity 2372.  I won't repeat myself on how comfortable this dress is, you've heard it all before.  It just feels good to stash bust this beautiful sateen fabric.  


Project details

Seams:  2.8 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  5 metres (made two dresses)

Interfacing:  0.3 metres

Zippers:  2 -- 55 cm recycled invisible zippers

Basting tape:  2.2 metres


Pattern
:  OOP Simplicity 2372

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushion, measuring tape, measuring gauge, ruler, tailor's chalk, fabric scissors, thread clippers, hand sewing needle, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, screw driver, invisible zipper foot, regular zipper foot, Janome serger, iron, ironing board, tailor's wax, thimble and many breaks and cups of tea. 

Happy Sewing!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...