Saturday 18 January 2020

The Perfect White Shirt

Is there such a thing?  If I were to dream, the fabric would be white and made from natural fibres. It would have long sleeves, a menswear style sleeve placket, enough ease incase there are some sweets that I can't resist, and some sort of interesting design detailing.   

{Photo source}

Something that doesn't overwhelm my petite frame with a design features that look like they're trying to hide my overweight shape.  

{Photo source}

A front drape is nice and I do like an asymmetrical hemline.  

{Photo source}

Oh, and pockets!  

But not breast pockets.  


And not an Audrey Hepburn retro look.  I would like the shoulder seam to sit at the shoulder.  Hmmm, this looks like it might be my latest sewing quest. I'll have to see what I can dig up from the pattern collection.

Happy Sewing!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh me too! I purchased one a year ago but it hasn't stood up to washing well, inferior fabric for pretty substantial price. I NEED one of these. I especially like the third one, the model with the pretty gray hair. I love the unusual hemline and the way it drapes at the lower part while it hangs neatly from the shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find the perfect pattern very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you find the perfect pattern that fits your list let me know, please. All would be on my list too! thank you

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...